Wednesday, December 23, 2009

passing through

this morning
for a brief moment, i could've sworn
it was the sound of your laughter i heard.
it's funny how we always assume that we will meet again.
and then years pass by.
next thing i hear, you are gone.
we will never see each other again.
not in this lifetime, at least.
part of me is glad that my only memories of you,
are all of you happy and healthy.
they say we are all passing through this lifetime,
only difference is when.
sad as it may be, but with every death
i am reminded to live more, bigger and better
as i don't know when my pass in this phase of my life will expire.
am constantly wondering whether there will come a time when my heart will get used to the thought of loss, of death... whether this jolt of the heartstrings will fade...
we will forget and continue living, till the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment